About the VHS
The Victoria Horticultural Society was established in 1921 in Victoria, British Columbia, where we are privileged to enjoy one of the world’s finest gardening climates.
The VHS is a non-profit organization whose objectives are:
- To collect and diffuse information on all topics relating to horticulture
- To stimulate the knowledge and love of horticulture
- To co-operate and/or affiliate with other horticultural organizations
- First Tuesday of each month except January and August at 7:30 p.m. at the Garth Homer Centre, 813 Darwin Ave, Saanich. (Extra parking at Saanich Municipal Hall parking lot.) Sales at the Plant Stall and most workshops begin before the meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Most members come early to take advantage of:
- Bargains at the Plant Stall
- Observing or participating in occasional pre-meeting workshops
- Exchanging books and magazines at the Library
- Buying Tickets for upcoming events
- Renewing their membership
- Socializing with friends and meeting new gardeners
- VHS business matters
- Lucky draw for donated plants
- Coffee and tea break
- Your questions answered by Master Gardeners
- Featured speaker
- Parlour Show
- VHS Plant Sale – speciality nurseries and individual members offer their plants for sale. There are always some wonderful surprises! Held in April or May.
- December is a Social Gathering – an opportunity to meet and mingle with other enthusiastic member-gardeners.
VHS Study Groups:
Gardenry – the VHS Monthly Newsletter:
- Full of information of value to Lower Island gardeners
- Monthly articles on many topics, events listing, parlour show results and classifieds for members buying, selling or giving away gardening related items and much more
- DEADLINE for articles, classifieds or announcements is the first day of the month for the issue delivered the last week of the month. Please submit all of these by email to vhsgardenry at gmail.com
- Newsletter is available via e-mail. Postal delivery is available for a fee.